- Y. L. Chan and C. L. Tien. A numerical study of
two-dimensional laminar natural convection in shallow open cavities. Int. J. Heat and mass transfer., 28:603--612, 1985.
- J. A. Janssen and R. A. W. M. Henkes. Influence of Prandtl number on
instability mechanisms and transition in a differentially heated square cavity.
Int. J. Fluid Mech., 290:319--344, 1995.
- A. Javam and S. W. Armfield.
Stability and transition of stratified natural convection flow in open cavities.
J. Fluid Mech., 445:285--303, 2001.
- B. P. Leonard. A stable and accurate convective modeling
procedure based on quadratic upstream interpolation. Comput. Meth. Appl. Mech. Engng., 19:59--98, 1979.
- M. Nateghi and S. W. Armfield.
Natural convection flow of air in an inclined open
cavity. ANZIAM J., 45:870--890, 2004.
- J. C. Patterson and J. Imberger. Unsteady
natural convection in a rectangular cavity. Int. J. Fluid Mech., 100:65--86, 1980.
- J. C. Patterson and S. W. Armfield. Transient features
of natural convection in a cavity. J. Fluid Mech., 219:469--498, 1990.
- S. W. Armfield and J. C. Patterson. Direct simulation
of wave interactions in unsteady natural convection in a cavity. Intl. J. Heat Mass Transfer., 34:929--940, 1991.
- S. W. Armfield. Ellipticity, accuracy, and
convergence of the discrete Navier--Stokes equations. J. Comput. Phys., 114:176--184, 1994.
- S. W. Armfield and R. Janssen. A direct boundary-layer
stability analysis of steady-state cavity convection flow. Int. J. Heat Fluid Flow., 17:539 (1996).
- S. W. Armfield and R. Street. The fractional-step
method for the Navier--Stokes equations on staggered grids: the accuracy
of three variations. J. Comput. Phys., 153:660--665, 1999.