Nomination Preparation ChecklistAs part of the Nomination process, Nominators are required to check off their Nomination's compliance with all of the following items, and Nominations may be returned to Nominators that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The Nomination file is in pdf file format.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The nominee's name, affiliation, and email address is clearly stated at the start of the documentation.
If this is a nomination for the Australian Mathematical Society Medal, then it includes
- The prescribed nomination form, click here to download, to be completed by the nominee
- an extended citation, not more than two pages in length, arguing the case for awarding the Medal to the nominee;
- a full list of publications of the candidate, with the most significant marked by an asterisk;
- a curriculum vitae of the candidate's professional career, highlighting any achievements which add support to the nomination; and
- the names of three suitable referees, along with a brief statement as to their appropriateness.
Australian Mathematical Society Medal
The Australian Mathematical Society Medal will be awarded to a member of the Society, under the age of 40, for distinguished research in the Mathematical Sciences. Nominations close on 21st May 2021.
George Szekeres Medal
The George Szekeres Medal is awarded for outstanding research achievement for work done substantially in Australia. Nominations close on 21st May 2021.
Gavin Brown Prize
The 2020 Gavin Brown Prize is awarded for an outstanding and innovative piece of research in the mathematical sciences published by a Member or Members of the Society. The award will be for a single article, monograph or book consisting of original research, and published in the nine calendar years 2011--2019. Nominations close on 21st May 2021.